Exhaust maintenance and replacement
- High quality original and replacement exhaust systems
- Minimum 1 year warranty & in most cases 2 years depending on your requirements and budget
- Replacement Diesel Particulate Filters & additives
- While you wait exhaust replacement service available
How do you know if your exhaust needs attention ?
Any of the following symptoms may indicate a fault with your vehicles exhaust system and should be addressed to avoid further and possibly more expensive damage.
- Noises from beneath your car ('clunking', 'rattling' etc.)
- "hissing" sound may indicate a crack in the exhaust manifold, pipe or a leaking gasket
- "chugging" noise may indicate a blockage in the exhuast system
- Poor and sometimes eratic performance
- High or inconsistent revving engine
- Unusually high fuel consumption
The silencer is the furthest away from the engine and is the most likely to be corroded by acidic moisture and require attention first, because these parts remain relatively cold and give exhaust gases a chance to condense and form pools of corrosive acid inside the system.
You'll know that you have a problem with your silencer because your exhaust starts making a roaring noise.
Your exhaust is held in place with hangers, brackets and clamps beneath the car. Rattling sounds coming from under the car could mean that the exhaust system has become misaligned or that one of the support parts has become loose or damaged. Corroded, fractured or missing hangers or brackets can cause extra stress which can also lead to premature exhaust failure. However early remedy of these relatively minor problems can save on early expensive replacement costs.
Problems with the exhaust can be identified with a visual check. External rust may not be as serious as it first appears, because it may only be on the surface. But cracks in the pipe or jagged holes around seams and joins between pipes can be signs of bigger problems.
Full replacement or replacement components ?
Exhaust systems are constructed from a number of units fitted together. It is possible to replace only the failed components (perhaps a holed silencer). However failure of one components may have damaged another components requiring it's replacement, or where components become fused together both parts must be replaced.
We have access to the full range of original and approved OEM components for even the most complex sports exhaust systems and can advise the best option to suit you.
Whatever the failure, at Advanced Motorcare we will advise on the best possible solution to suit your requirements and budget.